Dusty Rides Again

Interesting findings from around the web.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

XP tweaks, repairs, and upgrades



In the last couple of days, I've come across a few interesting articles on the aging Windows XP operating system that I thought I'd share with everyone. The first article I came across is a Guide to Useless Services. This guide lists 26 XP services that can be disabled to improve performance.

The 2nd article is XP's No-Reformat, Nondestructive Total-Rebuild Option. This guide describes a method that can be used to completely re-install Windows XP, without losing any of your data.

The final article is my favorite and I can't wait to try it out. It is titled, Afraid of Re-installing Windows XP. This method uses a combo of Symantec Ghost(or TrueImage) and VMware. By creating a virtual machine of your old PC, you can then safely install a new OS, like Vista. Once you have Vista, you can still access old files/programs through the virtual machine.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    No Microsoft bashing on this site or I'll stop reading it!! ;) haha!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home